Top Tips for Bone & Joint Health
Baja Salmon with Mushrooms
In the News
Spa Therapy Relieves Arthritis Pain
Vitamins & Minerals
What are the best exercises to build healthy bones?
- Men's Health Month
- L-Tryptophan Is Back
- Magic Oats
Baja Salmon with Mushrooms
Fresh salmon combined with bright citrus flavors and a festive
burst of color will put you in a California state of mind.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 6 oz white button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 packet dry citrus marinade
- 1/4 cup frozen white sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced, run under cold water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 Tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 salmon filets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil
and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes. Add 1
tablespoon of dry citrus marinade mix to the mushrooms and continue
cooking another 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Add
the corn, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the cooked
mushrooms and toss to combine. In same sauté pan, add remaining
teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Sprinkle the top of each salmon filet with 1 teaspoon dry citrus
marinade mix. Add salmon, seasoned side down, to hot pan and sear 1
minute. Flip over and add water to the pan. Cover and cook another 2
minutes, or until done to taste preferences. Remove from the heat and
- Place a spoonful of the mushroom salsa on each serving plate, top
with a salmon filet. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
|Calories from Fat
|| 170 (50%)
|% Daily Value*
|| 19g (29%)
|| 5g (25%)
|| 31g (62%)
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition facts are calculated by a food expert using nutritional values
provided by the USDA for common products used as recipe ingredients.
Actual nutritional values may differ depending on the amounts or
products used and can be affected by cooking methods.
Copyright © 2010 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Republication or
redistribution of the Aisle7® content is expressly prohibited without
the prior written consent of Aisle7. Healthnotes Newsletter is
for educational or informational purposes only, and is not intended to
diagnose or provide treatment for any condition. If you have any
concerns about your own health, you should always consult with a
healthcare professional. Aisle7 shall not be liable for any errors or
delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
AISLE7 is a registered trademark of Aisle7 in the United States and
Aisle7, 215 NW Park Ave., Portland, OR 97209, Info@Aisle7.net, www.Aisle7.net